About the New Hampshire Youth Movement
New Hampshire Youth Movement is a movement of young people transforming our political system so it serves and is led by, the people it’s left behind. We are an entirely youth-led, decentralized, intersectional, grassroots organization building and leveraging youth power in and outside of electoral organizing across NH.
College Hub Coordinators
New Hampshire Youth Movement is looking for coordinators to lead and build hubs at colleges in New Hampshire. We are especially looking for prospective student organizers at New England College, Keene State College, and all Manchester NH-based colleges, but students at any NH college are encouraged to apply. This part-time role is an opportunity to develop your community organizing skills, lead a group of passionate young students as we transform NH’s political system, and have a positive impact on your community. Hub leaders will grow a team of student organizers on their campus that, together, will turn out thousands of young voters to elect movement champions in November.
The role of the hub coordinator is to recruit, develop, and retain a volunteer base of progressive young people; maintain communication with the statewide movement through regular movement-wide calls and check-ins; involve their hub in NHYM’s statewide electoral campaign; participate in planning and decision-making processes; and generally be a strong leader who holds the knowledge of NHYM's strategy, movement DNA, and is passionate about justice for all.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is:
- Eager to go hard organizing students on their campus
- Excited about organizing and eager to learn and apply new skills
- Friendly and outgoing; ready to meet new people and bring them into the work
- Prepared to build and manage a diverse team of students to work together
- Understanding of what is at stake for them in this election, and interested to learn what is at stake for others
What you’ll do
- Attend a series of onboarding training, and additional training as they come up
- Develop a core group of 5 or more NHYM leaders in your region
- Organize a monthly hub meeting to recruit new members from the general public, and other organizing workgroups as needed
- With your team, pledge hundreds of students on your campus to vote in the November election through tabling, spot canvassing, and events
- Set up weekly one-on-ones with hub members; complete five initial one-on-ones a month
- Recruit leaders to join and take roles in statewide NHYM events, such as rallies, testifying, or meetings with elected officials
- Potentially run a local issue campaign to address an issue that affects students on your campus
- Support the statewide ‘get out the vote’ effort through phonebanks, relational organizing, and door knocking
- Check-in weekly with your manager and join regular meetings with the statewide NHYM organizing team
- Uphold the NHYM principles in your work
Weekly mentorship check-ins with your manager
Access to all of NHYM’s toolkits, templates, resources, and training
Support from all members of the Director Team on an as-needed basis
Compensation & Commitment
This position is paid hourly, compensated at $16/hour, and paid bi-weekly. This role starts at the start of the semester or soon before, and continues to December 2022 (fall semester), with the potential for extension into the spring. Each campus will have 2 hub coordinators, each working 12 hours/week on average. Hours will fluctuate leading up to the election in November and naturally decrease after election day through the end of the semester.
Submit an application here! Applications will remain open until the roles are filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are submitted.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about NHYM can be found at: nhyouthmovement.org.