Deputy Development & Operations Director
About This Opportunity
We are looking for a Development & Operations Deputy Director to support the long term growth and development of NHYM, run smooth organizational operations, and grow as a leader in a powerful youth-led movement! This is an opportunity to fundraise for a rapidly growing, progressive, youth led organization; manage organizational operations; apply skills to develop and streamline operational systems; and join a leadership team in strategic planning.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is someone eager to develop their skills in fundraising and organizational management to build a progressive, youth-led movement. They have some experience in fundraising and are eager to improve their ability to organize grassroots fundraisers, cultivate relationships with donors, and write grants. They are comfortable creating systems to track and manage numerical data. They are able to work closely with others, be self directed when necessary, think creatively, and learn by doing. The ideal candidate is also a young person who currently lives in, or plans to move to, New Hampshire.
The Development & Operations Deputy Director will:
- Lead NHYM’s grassroots fundraising program; including leading fundraising trainings, coaching individuals, hosting grassroots phonebanks, and managing our donor data
- Manage day to day operations such as tracking expenses and managing payroll
- Work with the Development & Operations Director to coordinate fundraising efforts including writing grants, speaking with major donors, etc.
- Work with Director Team to create and develop the long term strategic plan for NHYM
- Work with the Wellness & Culture Director to coordinate hiring efforts
Priority Qualities, Skills, and Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization
- Experience asking for money—this could be door to door canvassing, writing grants, or cultivating major donor relationships
- A basic understanding of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofit legal structures and compliance
- Familiarity with Google Sheets or Excel
- Persuasive and confident writing and speaking skills
- An organized, detail oriented, and diligent work style
- Systems thinking; the ability to think about, create, and manage organizational systems
- Desire to be in community with people who share your values and build relationships across the movement
Desired Qualities, Skills, and Experience
It would be nice if you have:
- An understanding of campaign finance compliance
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Google Sheets or Excel
- Desire to support with organizational strategic planning, including program and budget planning, as a part of a leadership team
- Experience with Gusto, EveryAction, ActBlue, Harvest, or Little Green Light
Compensation and Commitment
- This is a full time position (35-40 hours/week on average), compensation for this role ranges from $45,000 to $47,000 yearly. NHYM offers annual raises and quarterly bonuses.
- This position has benefits including: 20 holidays/year; 10 paid vacation days; unlimited personal time; and full health, dental, and vision insurance (at no cost to you)
- We are looking for someone to ideally commit to long-term leadership in this role. Initial commitment is negotiable, but we are looking for someone to commit to the role until at least December 2022 before re-assessment and extension if it’s the right fit.
How to Apply
Please find the job application below. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.