About the New Hampshire Youth Movement
New Hampshire Youth Movement is a movement of young people transforming our political system so it serves, and is led by, the people it’s left behind. We are an entirely youth-led, decentralized, intersectional, grassroots organization building and leveraging youth power in and outside of electoral organizing across NH.
Summer Organizer Team
We are assembling a team of 6 young powerhouse organizers to build community power this summer! This is a chance to go all in on organizing with a team of other awesome young people, talk to community members across the state about what is at stake for them, and build the power necessary to transform our political system, so it works for everyone! This team will do community outreach by door knocking and spot canvassing at farmer’s markets and community events. They will identify potential leaders through canvassing and bring them into our movement through one on ones and community meetings. They’ll also be holding events and direct actions, direct candidate engagement, phone bank, and support larger direct actions across the state.
Our Ideal Team Members
We are searching for team members eager to go hard on community organizing. Our ideal candidates are young people who live in, or plan to move to, New Hampshire and are ready to get out in their communities and have the conversations necessary to build real power. They are excited about organizing, flexible, eager to learn, and ready to work closely in a team. They are friendly and outgoing and willing to share their own stories and ask others about theirs. They understand what is at stake for them, and are ready to work hard to transform our political system so it serves, and is led by, the people it has left behind.
What you’ll do
This team will be managed by the Deputy Organizing Director.
- Spot canvass across the state to organize voters and build power. Post up at spots like community events, music festivals, and farmers markets, spread the word about NHYM, and get them involved.
- Knock doors in key areas across the state to build community connection and organize voters ahead of important municipal elections.
- Identify and develop volunteer leaders through one on ones, fun meetings, and direct asks.
- Plan and execute community meetings, visibilities, and direct candidate engagements (asking hard questions directly to candidates).
- Potentially support larger direct actions across the state.
- Potentially support specialized work like social media, training, and care.
What we’re looking for.
We’re looking for people with:
- A strong desire to build the power we need to transform our political system!
- Excitement to get out into communities and talk to people!
- A desire to learn and hone community organizing skills!
- Desire to work closely in a community of organizers!
- Previous organizing experience is nice, but not required!
Issues you may work on.
We are currently finalizing our campaign plan for the summer; we will talk details in your interview. In general, you can expect to work on issues like:
- LGBTQ+ Issues
- Affordable Housing
- Climate Justice
- Municipal Elections
- Presidential Candidate Accountability
Compensation, Commitment, and Logistics.
This is a full time position (35-40 hours/week on average), compensation for this role is $20 per hour.
This team starts with an in-person onboarding in NH the week of May 30-June 2. It extends to the end of August, with the chance to continue organizing through the end of the year. End date can be flexible depending on your needs (ex. traveling to college).
This role has paid time off! There is an organizational week off July 10-14, as well as individual vacation and personal time. We’ll discuss our time off policy in detail.
This is place-based work in NH. We’ll be working across NH; this position will require travel. We reimburse for gas costs! We can talk more about location in your interview, but are especially looking for people in or around Manchester and the Seacoast.
We MAY be able to help you find housing if you need it, although we can’t guarantee you housing. We can talk more in your interview.
We’ll be adding team members on a rolling basis until all roles are filled, so don’t wait!
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
More information about NHYM can be found at: nhyouthmovement.org
NHYM is an equal opportunity, anti-oppressive employer. We are committed to centering leaders of marginalized identities. Working class people; Black, Indigenous, & people of color; members of the LGBTQIAP+ community; people with disabilities; previously incarcerated people; and people under 35 are all highly encouraged to apply. Don’t feel discouraged by lack of professional experience in the listed qualifications; NYHM values lived experience and works to create a positive work environment that encourages growth.